Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Waiting Room......

The Waiting Room......

This morning as I thought about our journey to Lukas' mended heart, I thought about the waiting room at Batson Children's Hospital's PCICU.  That waiting room will always take my breath away.  Why?  Because that waiting room holds so many memories. There's the memory of waiting for the phone call that they started Lukas' surgery....the memory of waiting for the call that surgery was going well.....the memory of surgery is complete.....the memory of talking to the ever-so-tall Dr who gave us the amazing news that surgery was a success and our son now had a healthy mended heart....then the memory of recovering and the days it brought...some good, some not.

That waiting room also brought memories of others and their journey.  There were numerous moms waiting for their newborns to recover from RSV.  A mom and dad overcome with grief for a child who had been in an ATV accident.  A mom like myself waiting to see her son who also had open heart surgery the same day.  Everyone was there for different reasons, but we all shared the same struggle. That struggle was not knowing what the next minute would hold.

I didn't know WHAT the next minute would hold, but I knew WHO held the next minute.  I knew without a shadow of a doubt that whatever the next moment held, God was in control and He would never leave us or forsake us. 



Reflecting on that room this morning, got me to thinking about life in general.  Just like that waiting room's emotions, our life contains the same emotions.  Sadness. Fear. Shock. Helplessness. Peace.  Thankfulness. Joy.

In life we have moments that bring us to our knees.  We are fearful, sad, and just feel helpless in some situations.  Then there are some moments that also bring us to our knees, because we feel thankful, joyful and have a peace that passes all understanding. 

I've had those moments.  Had one this morning in fact.  Thinking about some things in life in general, I had some fear and felt a little helpless in the situation.  Then as quickly as that moment came, one of the desires of my heart came walking over.  Lukas walked over to me and smiled and climbed up in my lap and looked so seriously in my eyes almost like he was looking at my soul and heart. Then it happened, he smiled the biggest smile ever and said "Mama!".  I felt like he was reminding me that whatever I was thinking about was silly.  See he's my reminder sometimes, that when life feels overwhelming, it's okay.  It is overwhelming for us, but God can handle it!  And as quickly as I felt that fear and helpless feeling it was replaced with joy, thankfulness and peace. 

Some of those waiting rooms in life are hard. But when you are sitting in one of life's waiting rooms that contain fear, sadness, shock etc please remember JOY, PEACE and so much more are just a moment away.  There is ONE who can replace those with unspeakable JOY and PEACE.

1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.


Mark 4:39  He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm




No comments:

Post a Comment